One Easy Way to Save for Your Dream Car
Whether it’s a lean and mean Camaro, an edgy BMW or a vintage roadster — the path to purchasing the car of your dreams lies just ahead.
It’s common knowledge that car costs continue to rise. In January 2018, average auto prices climbed 4 percent and the average price paid for a passenger vehicle in the U.S. hit a new record of $36,270, according to Cox Automotive, an automotive think tank. That’s one mountain many of us just can’t hike.
It’s difficult to cobble together a sufficient down payment and that means financing the rest. More than likely, the monthly payment will eat up a sizable portion of your paycheck.
But there is one way to save quickly and consistently to buy that sweet ride: enter your credit union’s Save to Win program. Save to Win is an award-winning, prize-linked savings program specifically designed for credit union members. It works just like a regular savings account except there’s opportunity to win prizes!
Here’s how it works:
- Open a 12-month Save to Win share certificate with at least $25.
- Keep making deposits into your share certificate during the 12 months.
- Every $25 deposit earns you an entry into the drawings, up to 10 prize entries per month.
- There will be prizes awarded each month, quarter, and in some states, annually
- Prizes ranging from $25 to $5,000 will be awarded monthly and quarterly. Some credit unions offer additional member prizes.
Some people need an incentive to start saving — Save to Win gives you just that. Get a jumpstart on saving for that dream car today. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
To learn more on how you can join Save to Win at IECU, click here.
« Return to "Save to Win CD"Go to main navigation