Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
Due to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, beginning July 15 many families will receive half the total Child Tax Credit as an advance this summer. This means that households will be receiving this credit over the next few weeks either by direct deposit or by mail. These changes apply to the 2021 tax year only.
To qualify for payments, you and your spouse must have:
- Filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return and claimed the Child Tax Credit on the return; or
- Given us your information in 2020 to receive the Economic Impact Payment using the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool; and
- A main home in the United States for more than half the year (the 50 states and the District of Columbia) or file a joint return with a spouse who has a main home in the United States for more than half the year; and
- A qualifying child who is under age 18 at the end of 2021 and who has a valid Social Security number; and
- Made less than certain income limits.
For more information about the status of your payment, additional resources or to update your account information with the IRS, please visit irs.gov for details and instructions.
Advance Child Tax Credit Payments received via ACH at IECCU will be treated in the same way as previous stimulus payments or any Federal ACH Payment.
« Return to "Savings Account"Go to main navigation