How can I apply for membership at IECU?
We know your time is valuable…that’s why we make it so easy to apply for membership!
- Apply for membership online!
- Prefer to stop in and see us? Visit us at either Illinois Educators Credit Union location. We can’t wait to meet you and start building a bright financial future for you!
We want everyone to experience IECU! While we do have a specific field of membership, it’s much broader than what you might think!
Membership is open to any person affiliated with the education community, including employees, retired employees, current students and alumni in Sangamon or Menard County Illinois, including the districts of: Athens, Auburn, Ball Chatham, Carlinville, Greenview, New Berlin, Pawnee, Pleasant Plains, Riverton, Rochester, Tri-City, Williamsville-Sherman, Winchester, Waverly, Lincoln Land Community College, the University of Illinois in Springfield, Robert Morris Univeresity and Benedictine University. Those employed by Horace Mann Companies, Illinois Education Association (IEA/NEA) or subsidiaries and affiliates of IEA/NEA, and those in the immediate family of current members also qualify for membership.
To us, “educators” does not mean strictly teachers. It includes the librarians, custodians, secretaries, bus drivers, counselors, administrators, and all others who make up a school and influence the lives of students. We consider all school employees to be educators. Anyone in our field of membership is eligible to join and enjoy the full privileges of Credit Union membership.
- Who can join IECU?
- How do I change my address on my account?
- Do you have to be a member to apply for a loan?
- What is the email address for the credit union?
- How do credit unions differ from banks?